YSL Glossy Stain #15 Rose Vinyl, #18 Rose Pastelle and #19 Beige Aquarelle review and swatches


"What it is:A revolutionary new lip product that combines the texture and shine of a gloss with the long wear of a stain.


What it does:
Coat your lips with this lip color that offers a lightweight texture, which immediately melts onto lips. Glossy Stain delivers intense glossy color for an extremely long-lasting shine. 

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
The applicator's unique slanted tip and short soft bristles allow for flawless application with perfect precision." (Source: Sephora.com)





If my memory is good, these were launched in Spring 2012. I remember purchasing #18 Rose Pastelle when it was fresh out of the oven =P. I love long lasting lipstick, as much as the shiny effect of a gloss (even though I don't like to wear lipgloss because of the sticky factor), so I was instantly sold when I read the description. At that time, I didn't have much experience with lip stains (I only tried BeneFit Posie Tint and hated it).



The texture of the product itself is hard to describe. I personally think it's a hybrid between a gel and a cream lip lacquer. Depending on the shade, one swipe of it provides a light to medium coverage. The darker shades are quiet pigmented and are pretty opaque with one swipe, as the lighter shades goes on sheerer and needs to be layered in order to build up the color (2 - 3 swipes is enough for it to be opaque). It appears streaky after it's freshly applied, but no worries! Everything "melts" together after a minute. It's a very light weight product.


After you let it set, it gives a nice shiny finish. It doesn't feel sticky but it does feel slightly tacky. The shiny finish last about 3 hours on me but the color still remain even if I drink & eat. Of course, the color left behind is not a vibrant as when it's freshly applies, but it's still there (especially with darker colors)! It doesn't dry out my lips and actually find them quiet moisturizing. If you have dry lips, it won't accentuate the dry patches/flakiness. The applicator is very easy to work with and it's great for defining your lips too.


I'm not a pro at describing the colors but I'll do my best! ;) I wanted a light baby pink lippie and I was debating between #18 and #19. My first YSL glossy stain was #18 Rose Pastelle because I had to choose lol. I find that #18 is a touch too light and too cool for my skintone (NC20). It didn't gave me that soft baby pink lips that I expected. It doesn't give me a sick look, I think it would be nice paired with a "clubbing" look but let's say it's not a color I want to sport on a daily basis for school & work. Note that my lips are pigmented too. If your lips are naturally light and that you are NC20 and lighter, I think it would look very flattering. I wasn't satisfied by the color, but absolutely love the product itself so I decided to get #19. Even though it's called "Beige Aquarelle", it's a beige that leans very baby pink and definitely warmer than #19. This is one of my favorite and perfect for everyday wear. The last one of my (current) glossy stain collection is #15. I got this shade called "Rose Vinyl" for my cousin's wedding. I wanted a a berry color lippie, but I didn't it want it to be too dark or too loud. Rose Vinyl fits perfectly between the two extremes. It's a nice color for going out too =).

After  few minutes, I swiped off the product. The longer it stays on your lips, the darker the stain will be. ;)

Overall I really like these, but probably won't repurchase because the colors that interested me the most are in my stash. The only reason I'll repurchase is because 1. I've finished #15 or #19 or 2. There's a new interesting color. I recommend these despite the price tag but I won't say I highly recommend it because L'Oreal has a similar product, and NO it's not a dupe IMO (review coming soon).  

Here's #15 Rose Vinyl in action! =P
 Sorry for the very up-close picture, I had to cut out my cousin for some privacy purpose. 

Have you guys tried it? Let me know what you think!
I hope you guys enjoyed!
Have a great week and SPRING IS ON WEDNESDAY!! YAYY!!
Love,
-S

Comments

  1. oh gawd, all the shades are super pretty! ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all shades so much hun! And the formula of these is amazing imo! :))

    XO,

    I am running an International Giveaway on my blog and I'd love it if you enter! <33

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. your skin is so flawless...and the Rose Vinyl looks so natural on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with you that the formula is the bomb! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup and they released 3 more new shades for their spring collection too ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I'll try my best to reply to all your msg! ^_^

Popular Posts