Diorskin Nude BB Creme in 002 fair review + swatches

"What it is:
A B.B. cream with SPF 10 that moisturizes, smoothes, protects, and corrects. 

What it does:
Diorskin Nude BB Crème provides the benefits of skincare and makeup in a fresh and airy formula. Enhanced with mineralized floral water and a blend of antioxidants, it moisturizes, smoothes, protects, and corrects skin with sheer coverage. Available in four expert shades to match every skintone, the complexion is illuminated with a unique fresh glow and dewy finish." (Source: Sephora.com)



I didn't have much luck with asian BB cream, my skin reacted to all of them and didn't like the full coverage that they gave. When BB cream finally hit the western market, I was lucky to try out Marcelle's BB cream but it made my face shiny by mid-day. My interest didn't go further due to these past experiences. 

One day, as I was reading beauty blogs, press release & sneak peaks about the upcoming launches in the beauty world, I stumbled across Diorskin BB creme picture. You might have guessed that it piqued my interest. There were no reviews available yet at that time and I saw the product on Sephora.com a few days later. I thought to myself "oh god it's going to take like an eternity before I can find it in store" (if you live in Canada, especially in the province of Quebec, you know what I mean! lol). A few days later, I was strolling casually into Sephora and guess what I saw on the Dior display! I totally went OHMAGASHH! The testers on the display were brand new... I had the honor to be the first person to try out the testers! It was love at first swatch. It's so creamy, yet light. It blends effortlessly and as you blend away, you can feel the powdery finish. It doesn't feel tacky/sticky. This was the first test on my hand. I compared 001 Light and 002 Fair and the second one was the best match for my NC20 skintone. 001 Light was way too pale & pink for me, I think it would suit someone who is NW15. (Yes I know, the shades are confusing..). There are 4 shades in total: 001 light, 002 fair, 003 medium and 004 dark.



Click to enlarge!

I have been testing it for 3 weeks now and it didn't break me out or any allergic reactions from my skin! (A lot of base product  make me have a few pimples here and there or my skin itchy.) The texture of the BB crème is creamy yet light, like mentioned before, and blends beautifully into my skin. I use my fingers to apply and blend. You can feel the powdery finish but it doesn't leave your skin with a matte finish. The final result is a very natural dewy/glowy finish. Love! I use 1 pump for all my face.



There's a light fresh floral scent to it, but it's not overpowering. It goes away after a few minutes. I think that the oil control is very good, my t-zone got shiny only about 5 hours later when I don't powder in the morning. I say shiny, but some people would rather say "very dewy". Note that it's winter too, so my skin isn't at it's oiliest right now. I'll have to test it out in summer to test its oil control properties. Also, it doesn't emphasize dry skin! The coverage is light and buildable to be light-medium. In my case, it does a very good job at evening out my skintone and diffuse the slight imperfections. It makes my skin feel so soft too! There's a SPF 10 PA+, but I still apply my regular sunscreen underneath. I like the fact that the SPF isn't that strong because I tend to react to products with strong spf in it, especially if they are formulated with chemical sunscreen. The pigmentation is rather light to be called a BB cream (always in comparison to the asian ones), but I find it more pigmented than a tinted moisturize. The only negative side that I find is that it's not long lasting. At the end of day (about 12 hours or so), when I wipe my makeup out, I notice that the BB creme did fade over the day because I only find half of the amount that I used in the morning on my cotton pad. I used a new cotton pad after just to make sure that everything came off and it was litterally clean! (I use Bioderma Sensibio h2o micellar solution). 



Overall, I can say that I like Diorskin Nude BB creme and that's a keeper for sure, even if it fades during the day. I'm pretty sure I can find a way to make it last longer with the vast array of finishing powder on the market (Nars light reflecting setting powder *wink*) =P. I highly recommend this if you are looking for a light coverage base, you have normal to combination skin and is looking for a natural dewy finish. Please note that I still use my regular moisturizer underneath even though it claims to moisturize. It comes in a 30mL/1oz tube-pump and retails for 48$CAD online on Sephora.com but I bought mine for 44$CAD in-store (so weird?!)

Did you guys tried it yet? Let me know what you think!
Have a nice week people!
Love,
-S

Comments

  1. I've been skeptical of trying western BB creams but this one doesn't sound as bad. I may go and get myself a sample (have too many tubes or asian bb cream on hand to finish LOL). Do they have any shades after 002?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been skeptical too about trying western BB creams because a lot of reviewers said that they feel more like tinted moisturizer and such. I've tested a few in-store and they didn't stand out enough for me to actually purchase it. I wasn't too crazy about asian bb cream either so it wasn't that hard to skip it XD

    They do have 2 more shades after 002! Thank you for pointing it out I totally forgot to mention it in my post! They have 4 shades in total :) If you try it out, let me know that you think! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing such a great review! I always have problems with asian BB as most of them reacted on my skin >_< I haven't tried any western BB as I read that most western BB are not good enough? I've been meaning to try this but of course reading on reviews would help me decide whether to buy or not. I think I'll go try this out!  BTW, your skin is gorgeous already even without applying anything ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thank you! :) I suggest you try out a sample first! I don't have much luck with asian BB cream either so I'm really happy to find this one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the review it looks so natural and brightening on you!
    Score on the 4 dollar discount!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I'll try my best to reply to all your msg! ^_^

Popular Posts