Korres Pomegranate Balancing Moisturizer, Yogurt Cream & Wild Rose 24-Hour Moisturizer SPF 6 reviews!


Pomegranate Balancing Moisturizer
"A light-textured cream/gel, which carefully meets the needs of oily and combination skin, regulating the sebum secretion, while hydrating. It also makes an excellent makeup base. What it is formulated WITHOUT: Parabens, sulfates, synthetic dyes, petro-chemicals, phthalates, GMO , Triclosan" (source: sephora.com) I bought this product back in November 2010, just as the degrees suddenly dropped and my skin was crying out for a little more moisture. I was looking for a day cream that would really moisturize my skin without the shine on my face and sudden reaction (my skin tends to be a little more sensitive during winter.) I was looking for something natural too, that wouldn't use too much weird named chemicals. I was searching for a new day cream so after researching and reading reviews, I chose this product because it was available at my Sephora and about 30$ less than my HG Skyn Iceland pure cloud cream (which I completely emptied the jar lol). The texture is very similar to Skyn Iceland's one but a little bit more watery than jelly. I would describe it as a watery cream/gel LOL. Upon application it "melts" on your skin and it spreads very well. I love the light sweet scent, it's not a candy sweet, it's like a light fruity touch. The downside is that my skin didn't seemed to absorb the cream, especially on my T-zone. But after a while, it eventually sinks in. It didn't felt heavy and it moisturized decently my dry cheeks without choking my t-zone. After a few weeks of use, I definitely seen a improvement regarding the sebum regulation on my t-zone. When I would use it at night, I would wake up and my forehead + nose aren't shiny!! Yay :) It didn't break me out or cause any irritation. Howeover, I wouldn't repurcahse because it takes way too long for my skin to absorb it. I would recommend this for the combination to dry skin people. *See swatches below*
 


Yogurt Cream (picture from Sephora.com)
"Yogurt is often thought of as the perfect afternoon snack. But few people know that it is also an ancient healing remedy that goes back hundreds of years. In Greece, yogurt is known for its ability to instantly soothe the skin by delivering increased moisture to the upper levels of the epidermis. This ultra-soothing cream contains full-fat, Greek Yogurt - a natural source of lactose, proteins, vitamins, and minerals, to provide instant hydration to dry skin. The cream also contains vitamin E, olive oil concentrate, and macadamia nuts for antioxidant protection. Can be used everyday on all types of dehydrated skin, even oily. What it is formulated WITHOUT: Parabens, sulfates, synthetic dyes, petro-chemicals, phthalates, GMO , Triclosan." (source: sephora.com) During my shopping for a day cream, I also wanted a new night cream but one that would be really hydrating/moisturizing. The description got me curious so I gave it a try. The texture is really liquidy, exactly like plain yogurt. There's no apparent scent which is good. Since it's so liquidy, it spread well but you have to apply it and blend in as fast as possible or else it dries up on your skin and you get some white dried up yogurt on your face haha. It absorbs instantly into my skin but I wasn't amazed by the mositurizing abilities. Like stated, it really only moisturizes the upper level of your skin. It didn't left my skin smooth at all, just basic hydration. It didn't break me out at all and I didn't have any reaction to it =) I would recommend this to people with very oily skin. This went back to Sephora a few days later.



Wild Rose 24-Hour Moisturizer SPF 6

"An extraordinary, 24-hour intensive moisturizer for normal and dry skin, Wild Rose has a rich, yet light texture and a unique blossom scent, plus whitening wild rose oil and an SPF 6 to help prevent brown spots caused by sun damage. What it is formulated WITHOUT: Parabens, sulfates, synthetic dyes, petro-chemicals, phthalates, GMO , Triclosan." (source: sephora.com) 



I exchanged the Yogurt cream for the wild rose one. Compared to the 2 others, this cream is rather thick but spreads easily and absorbs pretty well if applied in small quantity. I used this as a night cream during the rough winter time and it did a good job at keeping my skin hydrated. It claims tiobe brightening, but after finishing the jar, I didn't notice much difference. It did left me oily at first, but it was because I would put too much. I like to warm up a pea size between my fingers and then apply it on the driest area first and then complete the rest. I find that this technique minimized the shine and helped the product get absorbed way faster =) It didn't caused any zits or reaction :D But, I personally think that it's a very basic cream, it didn't left my skin baby smooth when I wake up or do anything else to my skin except keep it moisturized so I wouldn't repurchase. I'm pretty sure I can find better, at lower price. :) I'd recommend thisto people with normal to dry skin.



 Comparison between the Wild rose moisturizer & the Pomegranate balancing moisturizer. 


All of these cream are packaged in a nice glass jar that can be pretty heavy and not travel friendly. Some people probably won't like the packaging for hygienic reasons. Overall, these cream didn't caused irritation or breakouts and delivered some basic moisturization IMO. The US price range is from 32$ to 35$ and if my memory is correct, the canadian price is between 41$ - 45$. You can find these products in Sephora or on Korres website.


Have a great week!
Love,
-S


Popular Posts