Shu Uemera Under Base mousse SPF 30 sunscreen review

 Hello lovelies!
Spring is here! YAY :) And yes I finally have a bit of time to blog (finally!) Let's jump into it shall we? :)
 
What it is: "a weightless mousse makeup base that helps to even out the skintone and texture, reduce redness and minimize the appearance of pores. use before makeup application to prepare the face for flawless makeup. why you'll love this base:

-delightfully fresh and light for the utmost comfort on skin. light and airy mousse makeup base is 20 times lighter in weight compares to liquid or cream type makeup bases, this allows the skin to feel as if it can breathe freely.

-fine-textured mousse gently & effortlessly spreads onto the skin to create a thin even layer. provides an excellent fit for a beautiful and lasting foundation finish.

-“silcoat” smoothing technology for exquisite coverage. covers skin imperfections, smoothes & evens the skin surface with a sheer veil, for an exquisite coverage with less visible pores.

ultra comfortable mousse with SPF 30
" (source: Shuuemera-usa.com)

I bought this because I was looking for a base that have SPF in it. My skin doesn't seem to like sunscreen, I always end up with a red patch on my cheek and I wanted to skip some steps in my routine, especially with summer around. I was so excited when I read the description and I rushed to the Shu Uemera counter in Holt Renfrew.  

 For reference, I actually have normal to dry skin (winter) but it's starting to return to combo skin (oily t-zone). My pores gets clogged easily and is pretty sensitive depending on the weather. I've tried many primers before and the problem of most of them is that they would irritate my skin or clog my pores. So I didn't used any primer ever since.

 (The quantity shown here is way more than enough to cover my full face + neck)

As stated, it 's a VERY light mousse. I like the feel of applying it since it's so airy! It's even lighter than hair mousse! haha =) It's spread easily and absorbs super fast so you don't need to wait that your primer dries or sets before applying foundation. Since it absorbs really quickly, you'll need to speed up to spread it.

The product is lightly tinted, which I like. I noticed that it kind of blurs the redness around my nose and it actually does a pretty good job  at evening out my skin. (Please note that I have minor imperfections and I don't need to cover much on my skin) It doesn't accentuates dry skin or flakes and there's a pretty good oil control too. My skin is smooth and my pores are less visible. The best part of it? It has a decent SPF30, doesn't break me out and doesn't irritate my skin! HURRAY!! :D Also note that I use this alone most of the time =)

However, the less fun part is the packaging. The nozzle is so freaking hard to control! Especially at first. Now that I get the hang of it, I can "control" a bit more the amount that comes out but let me tell you that the first time I used it, way too much product came out haha. Also, we cannot see the amount that is left =/

 What I like <3 :
- Airy & oh so light texture!
- Doesn't break me out or irritate my skin
- SPF30!!!
- Can be used alone =)

What I don't like : 
- Shade selection, only 1 shade avalaible in beige
- Takes a few try and a bit of product wasted in order to master the control of the nozzle hahahah =P
- I can't see what's left!

- Price tag =( 

Overall:
Packaging: 4.8/5 I want to see what's left!
Product: 5/5 Love it! Can't ask for more :)
Price: 45$ CAN
Scent: no apparent smell..
Would I repurchase? Probably! If I can't find something better =P

  AND I would also thank my followers to stay around even if I don't blog as often! <333 Welcome to the new followers! :)


Oh and I'll probably change the comment section so if you have problems leaving one, use the cbox on the side!

Love,

-S

Popular Posts