Pond's cold cream review

Cold cream... What the heck is this!? This is the first thought that came into my mind when I saw this. Curious that I am.. I googled it and found this : "Cold cream is an emulsion of water and certain fats, usually including beeswax and various scent agents, designed to smooth skin and remove makeup. The name derives from the cooling feeling that the cream leaves on the skin. Variations of the product have been used for nearly two-thousand years." -Wikipedia.


Interesting right? However, it didn't leaved a cooling sensation on my skin.. Anyways. So has you can read, it contains certain fat. It explains the thick greasy texture of the product. When you pick it up from the jar, it comes out solid. Not creamy, not watery but solid. I didn't expect it to turn out this way and was really weird out. LOL. It glides super smoothly onto the face and a little goes on a loooooooooong way. Trust me. The first time that I used it, I patted too much product on my skin and ended up with a thick greasy film after washing it out with luke warm water. Luckily, my skin didn't broke me out. Phew. I hopped into bed and the next morning, my skin was super smooth and soft but with an oily t-zone! Yikes! There's 2 ways to use this product. You can either wipe the product off with a cotton pad or wash it out like I do. This cream is very very rich and it works great at removing make-up. BUT, I won't recommend it as a daily cleanser due to it's texture. I use it only once or twice a week as a night cleanser for it smoothing and softening property. I wouldn't use this in the summer because I have really oily skin in the summer. This is not for oily or combo skin that tends to be more oilier & acne-prone people. There is a lighter version for those types of skin.

You can find Pond's cold cream in any drugstore or department store. I bought it at Jean-Coutu @9,99$CAN.
Let me know your opinions!

Comments

Popular Posts