Clinique's Moisture Sheer Tint SPF 15 VS. Smashbox tinted moisturizer SPF 30


I've bought this product at Sephora a few weeks ago. I was searching for a product that would give me coverage but I didn't want to wear foundation and I wanted something that would moisturize my skin, that had became dry due to the weather changes.

At first, I opted for Smashbox tinted moisturizer with SPF 30 in fair. Their color are slightly darker than the name. The fair one was more of a light-medium shade but since these product gives a sheer coverage it didn't bother me and it matched my skintone (i'm asian, generally fair, between 1st and 2nd lightest shade.) The first impression I had when I went back home was that the product was kind of sticky. When I tried it in the store, it wasn't THAT sticky. Also, it was a little hard to blend and again, it was sticky! The texture bothered me a little bit but since I liked the color, I wanted to keep it for awhile. After a week, my skin became so bad! It wasn't smooth, my face was so oily and it made me break out like a byatch! I did give me the little coverage (but not enough to cover my redness around my nose) and even out my skintone but geez, I had to return it. :(

I exchanged my Smashbox tinted moisturizer for Clinique's moisture sheer tint SPF 15. I got it in fair and the texture was less sticky (thank god). It blends well and gives a sheer & natural coverage, it does cover a little bit the redness around my nose, but not enough for me. However, it evens out the skintone and gives a nice and natural look. I think it's perfect for school. Plus, it moisturizes well and it doesn't emphasize those flaky dry skin! My skin was smooth during the day, it made my t-zone a little bit oily but I finish off with BE's mineral veil so it absorbs well and my face doesn't shine! :)

Overall, I like my Clinique's tinted moisturizer. I don't love it because it doesn't cover as much as I wanted but hey, it's specified that it gives a sheer coverage so I think that it does quiet a good job! Another Clinique product that I like! I bought it at Sephora for 35$CAN but you can also find it in any Clinique counter.

Comments

Popular Posts